So…It’s not done yet. But, it’s close enough for me to update you all. Since I am all whiney and complainy while doing these projects, I’m always telling people that I will post the before and after pics really soon.
Although its not totally done….here is the gist of it!
Notice how the window is off centered….tricky! Sneaky little contractors thought that would make for a GREAT feature in a bedroom…right?
I know, I know….your jealous of the pink flower wallpaper border, but it just didn’t match my…. ummmm….nails.
So, ya, it had to go bye bye.
I spent DAYS TSPing and primering the trim and molding….because this house has the stuff EVERYWHERE. Doors, floors, ceilings….. EVERYWHERE.
This is approximately what I looked and felt like every day for at least a week.
Tooo many paint fumes…..
So, here is what I did after removing the wall paper…..
- Painted the trim, molding & door white
- Painted most of the walls a light blue
- Painted the wall behind the bed a blue that is 2 shades darker than the other blue.
- Spray painted the floor vent and ceiling vent
- Centered a curtain rod above the bed (to hide off centered window)
- Made curtains from my FAV IKEA material
- Made curtains for the sliding glass door
- Sewed patches of the IKEA fabric on curtains for the slider (Still need to finish these curtains…I can’t really sew straight, so it hinders my excitement to get them done!)
- Made a throw pillow cover from the IKEA fabric
- Took the last remnants of the fabric and wrapped them around cardboard and hung on the wall.
- Printed 2 12×18 prints of me and mah hubs from Costco (for only $2.98 each) and put them in frames from IKEA
- Hubs put up a new ceiling fan.
So…..there ya go!
It feels clean, new and huge now!
We LOVE it! I have a few things I hope to do to complete the room…..but I’ll keep those to myself until I actually do them!